Are dried flowers pet friendly?

Published on 24 August 2023 at 16:25

Dried and preserved flowers provide a beautiful alternative to fresh flowers and are often a firm favourite due to them being low maintenance and long lasting. However, they often raise the question of safety for pet owners. And here at Poppy's Pampas, being an animal loving company, we can understand the concern. In this blog, we will explore the safety of both dried and preserved flowers for pets and provide tips on how to keep your furry friends safe.

 

Are dried flowers toxic for pets?

In general, dried flowers are non-toxic for pets because they do not produce pollen or nectar. However, it is vital to  keep in mind that some of our colourful plants have been treated with dyes that might be toxic or harmful to animals. It may also be the case that some preserved flowers have been treated with chemicals or dyes during the preservation process,. These could also be harmful to your pets if ingested. 

 

Is pampas grass toxic to animals?

Whilst natural dried pampas grass is usually not toxic, our colourful stems may still be harmful because they have been using colourful dyes on their foliage. The sharp particles of the feathers could also irritate an animal if swallowed. There is also a possibility that the grass can also cause allergic reactions if it comes into contact with the skin or eyes.

 

Top tip:

Keep dried florals out of reach of pets.

Weather you choose a colourful stem or not, it is sensible to play things safe and keep all plants out of reach of all pets. In particular, Ccts, are known for being curious and they may become tempted to nibble on or knock flowers over. We advise keeping your dried flowers in a place that is inaccessible to pets in order to keep our furry friends safe!

Add comment

Comments

There are no comments yet.